Sunday, April 26, 2015

Brewing Art

    This afternoon I went to the former Schmidt brewery for the final day of Art Crawl. One of the cards I picked up said 'Brewing art on West 7th'. Some art was in the bottle house, and some in the brew house, connected by an underground tunnel. I also picked up a passport of the art crawl. I saw one of my fellow comics there, a real estate broker, who was able to get me roof access so I was able to get some great photos of the Schmidt's smokestack. I was there for an hour, and though there was art for sale I didn't buy anything. I wanted to finish up with chores before I went there, and it meant doing laundry. When I got back I noticed three pairs of socks needed to be retired as there were holes in them. So it likely means a visit to a department store to get replacements.
   After watching 'The Simpsons' in the evening I went to take a walk around the neighborhood, but it was slightly shorter than a few days ago as I wanted to be back to see a comic on the Fox show 'Laughs'. It was the Chicago visitor that is an Arizona native. Some of the jokes were familiar from when I happened to see her headline this month. I noticed the airtime wasn't long for any of the comics, about two minutes, as it was a 30-minute show. Many of them had a background from a club in Indianapolis. They also mentioned their websites and where they would be headlining soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment