Saturday, April 18, 2015

CHS Field-Hamline Baseball

     I made my first visit to CHS Field this afternoon. the St. Paul Saints will be playing there soon. I watched a college baseball game, Hamline beat Augsburg 10-4. I liked being able to walk all the way around the stadium, including behind the outfield wall. I learned something, how the city of St. Paul has a flag. It was flying below the Minnesota state flag. It was free admission to this game, which is nice as the food and drink seemed expensive. I had some bottled water, popcorn, and a hot dog, it totaled ten dollars. With the action on the field, Augsburg was getting blanked for a while but finally got on the board in the 7th and closed the gap to 7-4 in the 8th. It was odd where I didn't hear 'Take me out to the ball game' in the 7th but in the 8th 'Center Field' by John Fogerty was played. I liked finding a seat in the second row behind the plate, this was due to a sparse crowd. But it was to be expected when college baseball doesn't interest most people. I got plenty of photos while there, found out moving around a little throughout the stadium to get better camera angles helped. I said more than once to other fans how it looks great, looking forward to seeing the Saints play there. But it won't be for another month.
   I did get some errand running done, but it had to be cut short for reasons besides the baseball game. First thing on my list after having an Egg McMuffin at McDonald's was getting an oil change at Jiffy Lube. When I came out of it the brake pedal went through the floor, and I pointed it out to them. I got tired of pumping the brakes for them to inspect it. So I had to go to another place up the road and will have them look at it. But I was told it probably won't be ready until Monday. I picked up an Amazon order from the post office, a book, then went to find a Vanilla Visa gift card at Super-America. I had
to make three attempts before finding one that had it in stock. I requested it on my loyalty card three days ago and said I wanted it by the weekend as it pays for a week's worth of groceries, or most of it. After the baseball game I took the bus home and used the card for my grocery order. Then I watched a Charlie Brown DVD, 'Race for your life'. So now I am caught up on seeing all of the Charlie Brown specials I own. I had seen it at a movie theater as a kid, but not much since then. I don't think I liked it as much as many of the other specials I have seen, since much of the storyline was about Charlie and his friends dealing with a bully. In other issues, one match from E-harmony is moving along, somebody who asked if I am from Iowa, as this match is also from there.   

No comments:

Post a Comment