Saturday, April 25, 2015

Art Crawl

  After doing some errand running like picking up mail at my post office box I was the MC at a comedy show as part of the Saint Paul Art Crawl. First time I had this role in a while, and I liked performing it. I got one photo of the show, when Ding Dong was on stage with her kid's artwork. Part of the errand running was renewing my license plates, inside a Sears store. I got plenty of photos of the store, but it got some attention from an employee who asked if I needed help. I asked if he had heard of Vivian Maier, he had not.    
    In the evening I was back in costume at The Turkeys show. Once again I got photos. Four notable ones were of the new red Turkeys shirt, a selfie in my costume, the Wisconsin guy performing, and a bottle on Heineken, my drink for the night. I had a different costume tonight, it was an astronaut. Big Dog wanted to change it up some and gave me some costume options. In some cases he had no choice, since he had fewer comics there to warm up the crowd. I was the lone opening act, and he wanted me dancing onstage with some breaks. I did get some tips, three dollars total. It made me feel like I was at a strip club, and when I was tipped I said I wasn't stripping for it. I asked if they could play any Eminem I could dance to, they played 'Lose Yourself' and The Crow helped me with the lyrics as he had a smart phone. I had done it before at a karaoke night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment