Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Two Shirts And A Thermos

    At the office today there were various items left in the main break-room. At first it was drinking containers, and I claimed three of them including a metal thermos (actually the more generic term is 'Vacuum flask'). Then later on it was shirts and calculators, even cubic zirconia. Some of the shirts I already had, from last year's Como Zoo outing and from the Biggest Loser weight loss program in 2009. I was pleased to find two shirts that fit, both I can wear to the office as they have collars. It was a good idea to try them all on before claiming them, as I found out some of them that I wanted
didn't fit very well. I tried on way more than just two. It will be nice to have the thermos, as I don't think I had one yet. I had seen and used hard plastic ones before.
   Tonight I attended a concert at the Cabooze in Minneapolis. Again it worked well taking light rail, as it is near the Franklin stop. I have friends in both of the acts, Valley Meadows and Circle of Heat. I would expect plenty of friends being in the crowd as well. There were hula hoops in the pre-show that glowed in the dark, I liked getting photos of two of these. It would be nice to see both of these acts again. It was mentioned how Valley Meadows is performing again soon, at a venue I haven't been to yet. I let opera singer, a member of Circle of Heat, know it is easier for me to attend on a different night of the week or a show starting earlier than 10pm. In spite of this, I still have been to two of the band's shows, because I decided to take the next day off from work in both cases.
   I just read an article from City Pages about the closing of Campus Pizza at the U. of Minnesota campus, which happened last week. This meant something to me as I performed comedy there on their open-mic nights. Odd that the owner blamed the closing on the light rail, which started last year. Commenters on the article said it had more to do with nearby pizza places offering a better product.   

No comments:

Post a Comment