Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Don't Mean Nothing, Richard Marx

    Tonight on my way to the comedy club I heard on my car radio the song 'Don't mean nothing' by Richard Marx. The lyric I really liked in it was 'When you're trying to make a living, there's no such thing as pride'. The video shows the singer living at Shangri-Las, and he seems to be observing women trying to make it as an actress in Hollywood. I watched the video on Youtube after the show.
And it is true, it don't mean nothing until you sign on the dotted line. Two other songs I liked hearing on the radio tonight, after the show ended ('Don't get me wrong' by The Pretenders) because of the line 'If I come and go like fashion' and then when I was driving home it was 'Talk dirty to me' by Poison, a reminder of a class reunion. I got to most of the jokes on my list, like dancing at a show over the weekend. Others were about events from 1917, somebody who was crabby, and a question about razors.
   Before the show, I liked getting some things done like looking at messages from Monster, 7 in all, some dated back to a month ago. I also submitted my vote for directors at an organization I have joined, and a nomination for delegate for the writers convention. And I got another event ticket ordered, but the event isn't until the summer.
    Also at the comedy club, International Falls did ones about teen witches, casual sex, caress hair in a porta pottie, 12 pound bucket of coffee, an ex's Honda Civic drawings, bathtub of blood, dog rescue, and the police dog poem. A comic I knew from Campus Pizza did ones about Barbie, know who the president is, sitting down, his dad got cancer, and taking meds. Blind Side did ones about a pregnancy scare, unwatched Netflix movies, lost passwords, cell phone survived, and praise joy. Apron did ones about a treadmill, and Game of Thrones. Brew did ones about ordering a large pizza, laundry day, roll dice, and yoga mats. Fish noodle did ones about shirt is green, baby on bus, unicorn grant wishes, air bag and money, company for misery, and karaoke. Mr. Pibb did ones about organized thrift store, picture worth a thousand words, yeast popcorn, Rihanna, and party songs. And I wrote 'don't sit on Sealy', something I recall saying on a family vacation to Davenport, Iowa, when I was a kid and when we were in the hotel room. Must have triggered this memory after seeing a Sealy mattress commercial on the TV monitors at the venue.

No comments:

Post a Comment