Sunday, April 5, 2015

Anne Of Green Gables Play

     I saw the play 'Anne of Green Gables' at the Round Theater in Minneapolis this afternoon. I had seen one of the movie versions of it but it had been a while so I didn't recall much. I knew it was about a spirited red-haired Canadian girl. And she kept saying her name was 'with an E'. In the first act I did recall the part about the currant wine. I really liked this play, I found it to be relatable as some of my characteristics were like Anne's. It was my first visit to this venue in a while, I think I saw two plays there in the same season. The first one was 'Devil's Disciple', a George Bernard Shaw play. It was due to finding out an office colleague did the background music for it. A notable thing about this venue is the 'Round' name fits, because the stage sure is. I was close to the performers on stage and I was in the front row. Hard to say if I will see another play there this season, but I did see how another play later on is by Woody Allen.
   I liked how I got to cross all but one item off my list, and this was an exhibit about baseball that will be around for a little while. I made it to Easter church services, and after it I had a dinner at the Glockenspiel in St. Paul. I called my college roommate after seeing the play as he spoke of it after going to Prince Edward Island, Canada, on a business trip one time. He said the book series is a big tourist attraction there. This was when he worked on cancer treatment equipment in hospitals. He spoke of plans for a cruise in Europe, and visiting family in Chicago-land later this year. I know he is a big fan of boxing, it explains why he asked if I am seeing the Floyd Mayweather fight which is coming up next month. It is pay per view but many bars will carry it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment