Thursday, April 2, 2015

Cathy's Clown, Everly Brothers

    Before going into work I happened to see a damaged CD case on the sidewalk, it was 'Country' by the Everly Brothers. I recognized many of the songs on it, including 'Cathy's Clown'. It prompted me to look up this song on Youtube, and the version by Reba McEntire as well. I was more familiar with Reba's, more recent. Also a reminder of the generation gap, as my dad didn't like Reba's version. The two versions are decidedly different, as the brothers have a quicker tempo. Reba's is a western theme, evident in the video with Bruce Boxleitner playing Cathy's clown. Let it be known I found everything but the actual CD. The back part stating the songs on it was there, I can read it fine. Some of them I sang in a chorus concert in junior high, like 'Bye Bye Love' and 'Wake up little Suzie'. Track 13 is listed as a medley, including 'Love hurts', I am more familiar with the version by Nazareth. Much like many other long walks I take, I picked up plenty of trash today.
   It was weird doing a half-day of work, after last night's concert. I have done them before but it was the first time I did the second half as I prefer doing the first half when needing to be done earlier in the day. I found ways to stay occupied before going in. I saw the CD case when walking to the post office, but I found out there was no mail to pick up. Then I looked around at a flower nursery, I had wanted to do this for a while as I often noticed the elephant statues there. The statues have an asking price of $3,000. There were also some greeting cards but I like postcards more, one of the reasons why I bought nothing. I did like getting photos while there, and not just of the elephants.
   I also found the time to watch one of the DVDs I had bought recently, two Charlie Brown specials were on it- 'Easter Beagle' and 'Arbor Day'. I got on the bus earlier than I needed to as I wanted to get a better look at the Saints baseball stadium. A few others were milling around outside as well. I hadn't eaten lunch yet so I got a slice of pizza at the Super-America and then headed to the office. Even though the payoff report had been delivered by then, there was still plenty to do- three pages of new titles to perfect into the system and file, along with settlement offer letters.
   I watched two 'Big Bang Theory' episodes tonight. Syndicated rerun was when Howard announced he was going into space but Bernadette and his mom doesn't want him to go. Sheldon goes to a Wil Wheaton party, where he also meets Data from Star Trek. I liked one line Amy Farrah Fowler had, referring to Sheldon as a 'Left handed monkey wrench'. Prime time episode was when Leonard and Sheldon tried to go to the George Lucas ranch but are turned away. There was also more about cleaning out the house following the death of Howard's mom, there was a ping pong game involved with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment