Sunday, August 9, 2015

Delta Airlines Eats Box

   My flight out of New York's LaGuardia airport was delayed multiple times, and I was able to get a delta airlines 'Eats box' for free, normally it is eight dollars. There was plenty in it, like salami slices, cheese spread, wheat thins, even a mint and a towel-ette. We touched down at MSP at 9pm, over 2 hours late. I shared a subway and bus ride with my esteemed colleague from Houston to get to the airport. The bathroom fixture overflowed again and I took care of it again. We got plenty done on the final day of the convention, all of the resolutions were covered. There was also left-over food from the day before. I got photos with some of my conventioneers, and there was a group photo in our shirts as well. Already had to do some errand running after getting back to Minnesota, by going to the grocery store. Otherwise it was going through postal mail and unpacking dirty clothes and cheap souvenirs. 
    I had hoped to get the four postcards mailed before the flight but it was not to be. I was told the airport hasn't had a post office since 9/11, so the postcards weren't dropped into a mailbox until I got back to MSP. I still wanted a postmark on them, as there already was a stamp on them. Much like when I was waiting for my flight in Toronto, I noticed some I-pads and I did some online activity there. It would be nice to make a return visit to NYC sometime soon, but I am thankful I finally made it back, first time in 10 years. Since I was there on someone else's dime it meant I was limited on what time I had for my own agenda. On my next visit I do want to find the Huguenot sites in the area. I had a reminder of one of them when I was near MSG as the bus said Huguenot for the destination, probably going to Staten Island. But there is also New Rochelle, in the suburbs, and upstate there is New Paltz. Since I am big on researching Theodore Roosevelt, then Sagamore, his home on Long Island, is another one on my list. The tough thing will be figuring out how I fit it into my budget. This was likely my fourth and final flight of the calendar year. Usually I do just two, to Chicago and St. Louis, had to cut back as it was getting expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment