Thursday, August 27, 2015

Mounted Police Trading Cards

    I made it to the Minnesota State Fair in the early afternoon, the first day of the fair. Inside the coliseum I found some trading cards for the city of St. Paul's mounted police. I chose two: officer Hank Price and Cowboy, as well as officer Mat Jones and King. I chose these as both had an image of most of the horse. On the back it mentions tax deductible donations can be made to the mounted patrol foundation, at a PO box. It also directs people to a website, and a Facebook page. I did many of the typical things for this visit to the fair, such as the big carpet slide and getting a pork chop. I liked the Fine Arts building as usual. I chose the one depicting a visit to a Super-America as my favorite. Another display, inside the Education Building near quilts, was of postcards. Some of these were from World's Fairs, and of course I have many from the 1933 Fair in Chicago. There were some new things I did, like visit a convenience store, I had no idea there was one at the fairgrounds. Another was the rebuilt Heritage Square, where I got a button celebrating the rebuild. Actually it happened last year, but I didn't see it last year. I had some pizza at Green Mill, and I got a cream puff near Heritage Square. I tried to hold down the number of souvenirs I get at the fair, free or otherwise, as it can be too much to carry around. I was pleased to find multiple postcards, including of the carpet slide. I covered most of the fairgrounds, but since I had nothing else planned for the day I said to myself 'why not?'

No comments:

Post a Comment