Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Faith, George Michael

     The first song I heard performed tonight at the comedy club was 'Faith' by George Michael. I did plenty of jokes about my recent pilgrimage to New York city. An esteemed colleague from Houston saw my Facebook posting about the flight delay and told me her story, including having to give up rice pudding at the airport. 
     Also at the comedy club, a performer that wasn't the show runner also did songs that mention need your loving so bad, streets named after, gone for good, run forever, and everybody wants a piece of paradise. A performer called Airway said school bouncer's dad, a preacher, prayed for him as he was about to get married in Las Vegas. A rapper called Rumor did ones about welcome to the show, you can make me frown can't break me down, what we were raised on, we're all really ugly, tattooed people, pocketful of dreams, what dreams are made of, and big lights will inspire you, New York. My opening line was that's the rumor, the line Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday had in the movie 'Tombstone'. It was followed by 'I'm your huckleberry'. I was followed by something about Saudi Arabia, and 100 degrees. It continued with hourglass shaped, and loving big girls, told me to lose that number. Then it was problem is probably mental, sunshine when you are with me, and keeping optimistic. Finally was
believe in the power of the human race, sitting in the middle of the ones we love, and I remember the ghetto. A guitar player did a song that was loud and fast, hard to follow all of the lyrics but it sounded good. Then it was get down get down, jungle boogie.    

No comments:

Post a Comment