Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Prairie Meadows Horse Racing

   When I was at the comedy club tonight, one TV monitor had horse racing on, it was from Prairie Meadows, the track near Des Moines, Iowa. I told a story that included hearing an Oasis song when I was out errand running. First it was to pick up a camera at Best Buy, then print things at the library, mostly related to the writers convention.
   Also at the comedy club tonight, I heard plenty of music as usual. it started with the show runner doing ones about won't take you for granted, and these broken arms. A comic did follow, with ones about a dog walking job, Blockbuster Video rentals, no snow days in Duluth, parents pick friends, a Hawaii vacation, relationship with a vegetarian, and fashion sense. There was something about an I-phone, and I'm so in love with you. A guitarist followed, with ones about a shotgun wedding, forgot guns, they would sing and sing, 'You belong to me' by the Lumineers, fell in love this June I recall, and feel like a train running off the tracks. The next guitarist did ones about the place you've come to hate, if I loved you more would it change you, and go through the motions. There was an Elliott Smith cover, going out sleepwalking, soaring high and crashing down, and looking for the man that attacked me. The third guitarist did ones about like a beauty queen from a movie scene, be careful what you do, and 'Billie Jean' by Michael Jackson.
   The next song was Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam. This was followed by down the road, pants to my knees, backyard to burn my only clothes, the roof is on fire, I think this song was in the movie 'Fahrenheit 9/11' by Michael Moore. Then I heard 'Give me Shelter' by the Rolling Stones in the background during warm-ups. We share a love of truth and understanding. Then it was want to thank you for letting me be myself again, I will try anything, most anything to keep my love alive. I also heard 'What I got' by Sublime, I like the line about playing the guitar like a fife. I also heard 'Basket Case' by Green Day tonight, but according to my notes it was before I reached the comedy club.  

No comments:

Post a Comment