Saturday, August 22, 2015

Loft 40th Anniversary

    I am a member of The Loft Literary Center, and their anniversary celebration is this weekend. I was trying to figure out what event to attend, but it was not to be. It looks like they were all over town and not many at the Loft itself. We arrived at the building and nobody was there, just a few signs up. I finally saw the video I am in, the Earth Wind and Fire song, as it is online now. I pointed out to Dad which one I am in it, I am shown twice before the final scene on the rooftop. We ended up finding the nearby 2007 bridge collapse memorial instead, with 13 columns standing for the death toll that day. It brought back many memories of the day, like Dad calling me to ask me about it as it was on TV and I wasn't watching TV at the time but it prompted me to turn it on. Dad wanted to see the Vikings stadium, which was near the Loft, so I found a parking meter near both. There were some other onlookers besides us. Before that he wanted to see a Hy-Vee store, still under construction much like the stadium. Hy-Vee is building two stores in the area, we went to the one in Oakdale and spoke with the manager when we arrived. No joke, two people drove by and asked us about the place, had to say it wasn't open yet, not until September apparently. We also found our way it to the Mill City museum, near the stadium and the Loft. We looked around in the welcome area, which had some displays, but didn't pay the admission fee to see the main part of the museum. I liked seeing some of the art there, like the story of a woman who had lived there as a squatter who said it was them or me about survival.
    We went to the Saints baseball game in the evening, Saints lost to Sioux Falls 6-0. There was a rain delay, and it lasted over an hour. Not much scoring after it as Sioux Falls was up 5-0 at the time of the rain delay, in the middle of the 4th. 

No comments:

Post a Comment