Thursday, August 27, 2015

Oreo Mini Mint Cookies

    This week at the grocery store I bought some items from the discount table. One of them was a box of Nabisco Oreo mini mint cookies. It is a 13-ounce box, and it says 'try these other varieties'. One is Reese's peanut butter, and the other appears to be the regular Oreo flavor. It is kind of funny when on the back of the box it says 'We mint to make them this small', in comedy circles this is called a pun. In one corner it says 'Wonder-filled'. It didn't take long to finish the box, which I did this evening, as I was putting them in my lunch at the office as well as having them for my evening snack after work. I was confused for a while seeing the name 'Mondelez International' or 'Global' when looking at the 'Distributed by' information on the box. I found them on Wikipedia and it says the holding company is based in suburban Chicago, and the name was chosen in reference to romance languages and being an international food company. I do know 'Monde' is French for world. The article did cover the time when Nabisco was owned by a tobacco company, RJ Reynolds, before it was spun off as the current holding company. The article also traced the company history back as the 1790s, due to mergers and acquisitions. The Nabisco company as we know it dates from the 1890s, due to first using the name 'National biscuit company'. I have a can with this name on it, depicting Barnum's animals, the brand of animal cracker the company makes.
    At the comedy club tonight, I did many of the same jokes as the previous night but I also did the one about going golfing over the weekend. I started my set with mention of how I haven't been to Denver aside from being on layover there, in reference to a Denver guy who was onstage before me playing harmonica. He was heckling the first performer of the night (after the show runner), another comic, the guy from San Diego. I spoke some before the show with San Diego and he was telling me about living in Iowa at one point- Council Bluffs- not sure how long or when. I said as an Iowa native I wasn't too familiar with the town, as it is part of the Omaha metro area and not close to were I grew up. Also spoke with somebody about his daughter performing at a sushi bar in Minneapolis tonight, he said this prompted him to get onstage somewhere.
    Also at the comedy club, the night started with playing fortunate son, and born this way. San Diego did ones about So-Cal, traveling by bus, express lane, tax attorney, 3rd grade, half Jewish, Streisand, Mel Brooks, we have water, fast food job, and chicken. There was Respect, a harmonica, Johnny B Goode, my set, then a million second chances. This was followed by Ain't no sunshine when she's gone, and I don't want to fall in love. A rapper did one about I like to get down to the funky sound. A violin player did something with no lyrics, and I just might get some sleep tonight. Then it was come together right now and crazy about my baby.   

No comments:

Post a Comment