Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Loaf, Not Bread Crumbs

    I went to two shows tonight, and performed at the first one. I spoke of the Sara Bareilles song 'Brave' and it led to mention of the song 'It's my life', when No Doubt covered the Talk Talk version of it. the second show was a going away party for a club owner who is moving to Texas. Early on in my comedy career he said two things to me that was really helpful. The first was go for the whole loaf, not just bread crumbs. The other was if you are looking for validation in this business you are not going to find it. I arrived near the end of the show and got to see school bouncer perform, as well as the owner, who was show closer. There was some food left, and I did have a pierce of cake. I was correct on it being the place to be tonight, as I saw plenty of friends there. Hard to keep track of how many, but it was probably close to half of my ring of honor, and there are now over 70 in it.
    Before the shows I went to a Best Buy to get another TV antenna. My dad is in town this weekend
so it was time as I wanted to avoid any comments about a broken one even though the reception is still fine. The other is making more orders. One was for more items related to the movie 'Up in the Air', a keychain and magnet which had the movie title in Turkish. This was on e-bay. The other was an order for a book and some notecards from the St. Louis paper. The book is written by a (former) sportswriter who covered the local baseball team, the Cardinals. The notecards include images of the Arch and of the Beatles concert, at Busch Stadium in 1966.
    At the first show we had a new show runner, a lady who is shorter than the earlier one. She did 'Come together, right now'. Next performer was a rapper, and I heard things like 1997, wrangler and tats, and in my Jeep. It was followed by old school style, we rock we rock, and you can make me frown can't break me down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment