Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Listen To Your Heart, Eminem

    I went onto Youtube and a song called 'Listen to your heart' by Eminem was an offering listed on the front page. Like many other songs he has done, I like how much passion and honesty is in it. The title is due to sampling from another song, and it appears to be by Roxette as I checked for the title on Wikipedia and Youtube. I understand how it fits the mood on some level of what Eminem was going for. I hadn't heard the Roxette version in a while, not sure if I had heard Eminem's before.
   I did perform at the comedy club tonight, and Big Dog was MC. I was the first one after the MC. I did fine but feel like I went a little fast, as I wanted to get through as much new material as possible. Big Dog will have the same slot this weekend, I will have to figure out when I can attend one of those shows.
     Also at the comedy club, Big Dog did ones about 3 funerals this year, swear at foreigner, mall people, Bruno Mars, soundtrack to economy, are you happy now, and tortilla soup. Perkins did ones about a Culver's dumpster, Q tips and pug dogs, pot, Reagan, American Pickers, of mice and men, ran out of Montana town, steaks, hot dog, and liquid courage. Bus Fare did ones about shark in basement, Chipotle, Jack Kerouac, and going to the Laundromat. Sub teacher did ones about Ron Paul bumper stickers, Jeb Bush, another blanket, Titanic iceberg, got a shout-out about politics and sports, and Bernie Sanders. Others were about vacation bible school, called us heathens, Catholic wedding, Simon Sez, and Comcast on hold music. Mason City did ones about Shawshank Redemption, Blue Man Group, passive dependent, giving plasma, Santa Monica Boulevard, Peoria strip club, John Lennon tooth, Jurassic Park, text to Mom, and Bohemian Rhapsody.   

No comments:

Post a Comment