Sunday, August 2, 2015

Oregon Trail, Mixed Blood Theater

    I saw the Fringe play called Oregon Trail this evening at Mixed Blood Theater, it was my first time attending a show at this venue. I saw it as I thought of the novel 'Covered Wagon' by Emerson Hough, somebody I write about every so often as this is my inspiration as a writer. It is about Oregon trail pioneers, and it also became a 1923 silent movie. But this was a decidedly different story, as it is based on the video game and I haven't played it at all. This it is my fourth show at Fringe.
     I also made it to my first ever Canadian Days parade, got plenty of pictures and it was nice to hear 2 bagpipe bands. One was from a local college, as I recall Macalester. It was also the first time I had seen Shriner zig-zag cars in years. An office colleague was in it promoting the upcoming Renaissance Festival, we briefly spoke.
    I saw two special exhibits at Minnesota history center, after the parade. These were about Hmong migration and the Ebony magazine fashion shows. I knew the latter would be closing soon, and I guess it is another example of Parkinson's Law where we find a way to get things done during the allotted time. I knew I wouldn't have time next weekend as I will be out of town. This was also true related to a play called You Can't Take It With You at Jungle theater. I probably will not see this play as it was hard to fit into my schedule. But with attending Fringe it was harder to justify, considering what I am paying to see Fringe.    

No comments:

Post a Comment