Thursday, August 6, 2015

LaGuardia Airport, NYC

  I flew into New York's LaGuardia Airport at midday, as I am in town for the writers convention. I got some food from the buffet, beef brisket and mashed potatoes, it was by the pound. I got a bus into Manhattan and got off near Times Square, just blocks from my hotel and the convention. We had one meeting already, chapter chairs if I am not mistaken. I was tired during it from being on the road that I experienced 'Micro sleep' more than once and somebody must have noticed as I heard 'We can go sleep on it, some of us already have'. Although I am not a chapter chair, but I guess somebody needed to represent the chapter as I don't think anyone else from the chapter is attending the assembly aside from somebody who holds a national office. We briefly spoke about the light rail in the Twin Cities. He didn't like me using the word 'Lament' but this it what it sounded like from him.
   It would have been nice to have seen a baseball game while in town, but it was not to be tonight. The Yanks were playing Boston tonight, but by the time I had finished checking email at the hotel the game had already started. So I decided to go get dinner, and there was a pizza by the slice place nearby. There was plenty of photos of famous people on the wall. I also went to McDonald's after having pizza as I wanted some ice cream, and saw somebody getting loud about not getting cups for water. He later talked to some cops in the street. I then walked around Manhattan and got plenty of pictures of what I saw. I had hoped to find a comedy show to attend or perform at but nothing seemed to fit my schedule or budget. I did see somebody who was the doorman at one club who directed me to a website though. I didn't do enough researching before I got to town, many shows are booked in advance. I bought a can or Narragansett beer from a Duane Reade store and drank it in my hotel room. I called Dad during this time, and spoke of how I found the Ralph Kramden statue outside the Port Authority bus station. It is put up by Nick at Nite, in reference to the TV show 'Honeymooners'.

No comments:

Post a Comment