Friday, August 7, 2015

Nathans Crunchy Crinkle Fries

    I had some Nathans crunchy crinkle fries while on break from the convention. I hadn't seen them before, they are pretty good. But we haven't discussed any resolutions yet.
    In the evening we had an outing at the Pioneer bar near Madison Square Garden. I got some pictures of the art on the wall as it reminded me of Emerson Hough, much of it was wildlife. I got yelled at for taking one of the fire exit, I wanted it as it reminded me of the signs I saw in my visit to Great Britain in 2012, the stick figures. I was there for just over an hour and left with two conventioneers, one from the Chicago chapter and the other Detroit, and we eventually decided to eat
at an Indian restaurant closer to the hotel. After getting back to the hotel I wasn't there for long, as I wanted to tour the Ripley's Believe it or Not museum in Times Square. I had seen a Ripley's museum before, in St. Augustine, FL, over a decade ago. I liked getting a smashed penny souvenir there, along with a program showing other Ripley's sites and two postcards. There was mention of their building at the Chicago World's Fair in 1933 early in the tour, on a video, and I spoke of finding this postcard on E-bay. I saw an annoying man there with is family, he made an off-color comment about the confederate flag after finding out one of two eye of needle art there was of the Obamas. The other was of Mt. Rushmore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment