Saturday, April 30, 2016

you needed me, anne murray

while doing errand running I heard a song on my car radio. The first lyric that stuck with me was 'I sold my soul, you bought it back for me'. I guessed the artist correctly. it was 'you needed me' by Anne Murray. I was familiar with some of her songs. I searched for 'broken hearted me' after it was in an episode of 'cold case'. with 'you needed me' I also liked 'I can't believe it's true' and 'why should I leave? I would be a fool'. Though my favorite lyric has to be 'cause I finally found someone who really cares'. this can be hard to find in life, I speak from experience.
   tonight I went to two comedy shows. school bouncer headlined the first one I attended, then I went across town where big dog was headliner. I arrived before his set began, but just barely. I think the last time I had seen him perform was on my birthday in march, over a month ago. but I know he is hard to get ahold of on facebook, and he recently became a father as well. We spoke more after the show. Then he and some others, including blake, decided to go to a nearby bar/nightclub and I joined them there. I was encouraged to go out on the dance floor by these friends, but I needed time to work up the courage to do so. and I also wanted to get my beer drank down far enough where I was less likely to spill it. I am sure that spilling it on somebody would be considered a 'party foul'. it was nice to do something outside of my comfort zone, even though I went home alone. but at least I tried.
   this morning I was getting annoyed trying to order a breakfast sandwich at mcdonald's and I nearly left. I eventually heard from the order-taker how she was new. it is not the typical mcdonald's I go to, but the closest one to me is closed, being rebuilt, so I have to find another one for now. there was plenty to pick up at my post office box, 13 e-bay orders. and I went to the sears store in st. paul just north of the downtown area as I needed to renew my license plates. thankfully the line moved fairly quickly. I had hoped to renew them in downtown st. paul, which was the return address on the envelope, but was told it was no longer done there. I seem to be pointing out hypocrisies all too often. after I was done with the plates I got some socks at this sears store, but it took longer than expected as I was signed up for a loyalty program. I said I didn't want to pay a fee for it, this was in response to some mention of getting 'store credit'.

No comments:

Post a Comment