Tuesday, August 2, 2016

american association all-star game

I was back at the saints stadium tonight as the actual all-star game was being played. the north team, which had saints players on it, beat the south team 6-1. I had a hot dog and some root beer at the game before I got an 'ice cream cookie'. it was a chocolate chip cookie and vanilla ice cream. I arrived after 7pm but the game hadn't started yet. this came as no surprise as a special event like this usually has plenty of ceremonial events. I got to my seat just as the first batter came to the plate and stayed there until the after-game fireworks were done. I had a little trouble getting the root beer can open and it led to a minor cut on a finger, but it didn't seem to break the skin. I had it wrapped in  a napkin for a while, keeping an eye on it, but it was fine. the ceremonial 'last pitch' of the game was in reference to the site of next year's American association/can-am all-star game. it will be in Ottawa, Canada, as part of the nation's 150th anniversary celebration. it was one of my pictures of the video board, one of many pictures of the night.
   at the office, i was telling the Filipino man how I decided to research hotel room rates in his native land and was surprised how low they were. I did this on hotels dot-com, where I have a loyalty account, I was pleased to find out they have hotels listed outside of the USA and Canada. but that still leaves the plane tickets, which are expensive. so I still need a good reason to fly to manila. although it intrigues me when he tells me I would be treated 'like a god' over there as they seem to like americans. he claims it is due to the americans liberating them from the Spanish, and then the Japanese. I said I would still want to study the culture before I went there. it was an easier day as expected with my normal duties. and I liked getting another thing crossed off my list, getting a room key from a Hilton hotel back to a Hilton downtown close to work. that is the kind of thing that I do, return what I find instead of just throw it in the trash. I had headphones on as I was listening to a CD this morning so I left it at the front desk and left without saying a word to anyone there.

No comments:

Post a Comment