Thursday, August 11, 2016

endless bummer, weezer

I went to the comedy club tonight as jane goodall was doing the contest. at the end of the show I heard a song and tried to write down key lyrics. I think it is 'endless bummer' by weezer, after an online search, based on the 'trying not to stare at her chest' lyric. it was hard to hear in the club, even with covering one ear. I understand the sentiment, where he wants the summer to end. in many ways it has the same spirit, and message, as 'cruel summer' by bananarama. it is from their 'white' album apparently, the band is known for self-titled albums named after the color. I have the blue, and green, albums. jane did not win tonight, but she will be added to the 'ring of honor'. tetris was feature, and wee bit was MC. I liked hearing tetris doing the mount Everest bit. wee bit did do his 'signature' joke from working construction. I wanted to be wearing my lanyard in the 'ring of honor' photo to remind me it was during the fringe festival, but on a night when I had no performance. we will be on again late Friday though.
   I watched a syndicated rerun of 'big bang theory' tonight, before heading for the club. it was the one where amy Farrah fowler was made the 'maid of honor' for Bernadette's wedding, and amy at one point was playing a sad song on her harp, 'everybody hurts' by REM.
   I panicked a little about not bringing two bills with me this morning to do the 'pay by phone' thing, as both were due today. but one of them was a credit card, no problem finding the 800 number. the other was my cell phone bill, and an online search found that number as well. so I liked how there was some simple solutions available.
   I may have a date this weekend, I had to check what the cross streets are for a coffee shop we plan on meeting at. and at the office, I didn't like how an advisory board meeting ran long.


No comments:

Post a Comment