Tuesday, August 9, 2016

yellow sauce

I went to perform at an open-mic and many references were made to 'yellow sauce'- or mustard. I liked getting to one of my regular places for performing during the fringe festival. I started off with saying why I wasn't there last week- and it led to a reference to my dad referring to bob dylan and willie nelson as 'old hippies'. then it was on to callbacks. one was about the song 'greensleeves' and another was about beyonce. I did make a reference to my first time attending a fringe show, in 2012, and how internet dating hasn't panned out. finally a story about looking for a hotel in new York, and bus fare comic tried to play his 'what is that?' game and I called his bluff.
   I took a half day off from my office job to get to the fringe performance on time, as it was at 5:30pm. I had pizza in the skyway, and after taking the bus home I slept for a little while. then I got up and did some errand running like return a CD to cheapo since I already had it. I got a pearl jam CD in exchange, 'binaural'. and I sold another one for a quarter, but I had two and the store wouldn't buy the other one, saying it is because it is a single. I voted in the primary election, not much on the ballot. then I got some photos of a rebuilt fast food place that will be re-opening soon. I did some mapquest directions for my drive over to the venue, staying off the interstate highways since it was rush hour.
   as expected, I changed my set a little for the third performance. there was a decent crowd but we weren't getting the laughs. I did pick up some more souvenirs, even if one of them was a bottle cap in the 'green room'. I already have similar items in my comedy binder, documenting my career. I am trying to pick up as many souvenirs as I can from this fringe gig. after the performance I went to get some dinner at the nearby super-America and then it was on to the huge theater, also close by, for a burlesque show.


No comments:

Post a Comment