Sunday, August 14, 2016

fringe after-party

there was one more performance with the fringe festival, this afternoon. I went to the library and printed some things, and did the dishes before heading to the venue. pleased how I got parking in the back, I said I was lucky as I got the last spot. this of course does make it easier to enter from the back as well. it was nice to see two people from the comedy circuit in the crowd, it was jane goodall, and blake. I spoke with them after the show but was prompted by a cast-member that I needed to claim my bag, which was still in the dressing room. as I was coming up the stairs, after taking a few more photos, the techie said 'you've got to go'. I had a feeling that she didn't like me, but was told she probably was a grouch from having to work every show at the venue. we got a group photo in the bar area after the show, and it was nice to chat with some patrons outside as well. one spoke of going to the university of iowa like I did. I did pick up some more souvenirs, now it means finding the time to go through them and get them into a sheet protector and of course in a binder. I went across the street to get an ice cream sandwich at the super-America. when I finally left Bryant-lake bowl I went to the bobby and steve's and got a godfather's pizza as it was 6pm. I wanted to eat before the show I was attending at 7pm, 'when she became me- a pro choice play about abortion'. it was over at the university, at rarig. it was the 10th show I attended. I reviewed it well, saying I like documentaries and biographies and consider it to be a documentary. I like hearing the stories of real people. the after-party was at triple rock social club, I arrived shortly after it began at 9pm and stayed for 2 hours. I liked seeing three by three there, I said I did see one of his shows. I spoke with four others I didn't know, one was a fringe volunteer. another was part of a 'game of thrones' show. a third recognized me from performing at the comedy marathon, I said I would like to be on his podcast. the fourth was at the end of the bar when I was getting a picture of the stag beer sign on the wall, I had two cans of stag beer at this event. didn't ask what his fringe connection  was. I said I liked having a role this year, and hopefully I get another role next year. according to the show runner, our pay will likely be available later this month. sounds like I am not alone on going out of town before long since fringe festival is over, as the show runner, resistable comic, has travel plans as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment