Saturday, August 6, 2016

call and answer, barenaked ladies

I went to a fringe show this evening, and I liked hearing a barenaked ladies song, 'call and answer', being part of a dance choreography segment. I am thankful it was listed in the program so that made it easier to find online later. the video mostly takes place in a cookie cutter world, with white VW cars and suburban homes. I liked various lyrics in it, such as 'be myself again', 'i'll point you home', and 'crazy messed up things you do'. I saw this band in concert at allstate arena in Rosemont when I lived in suburban Chicago, memorable as it was on new years eve. of course, like many others, I know them for having the theme song to the TV show 'big bang theory'. so now I have seen three shows at fringe besides the one I am in.
   it was no big deal changing my schedule a little today, a day known for errand running. I moved up when I went to my post office box, there was two postcards and the amazon orders- two Charlie brown books, and the don rickles DVD. after the show was done I went on to the Roseville library, where I printed things and wanted to order a plane ticket for new York city. except I got bogged down in the cost of the plane ticket, knowing full well it should have been ordered earlier in the week. eventually I said 'just get it done', but it was after the show that i attended this evening. I will be flying into Newark and out of LaGuardia, a layover in Chicago on the way there but nonstop when headed home. I still need to figure out the other logistics like the hotel room, but shaving a day off the trip may make it easier to find an affordable hotel in manhattan. I will be there for 4 days now instead of 5. I let my new Yorker friend know, as well as my college roommate, as I hope to see both while in the area.
    it was no problem getting ready for the show, of course a shower and shave before I departed for the venue. since it was at 1pm I got lunch before I arrived. it was at Bryant lake bowl in Minneapolis, so I went to the super-America across the street. the clerk recognized me from me stopping there before the rehearsal nearly a week ago, and he said 'break a leg'. my set went fine, though I could tell my voice was slipping a little. I might have talked a little too much before going on, though I had gulped down a bottle of sparkling water from super-America so I had hoped I would be fine. I am not sure how many people actually noticed, but I did since I know what I sound like. a fellow cast-member did say I was fine. I asked to keep one of the programs let behind, as I want as many souvenirs as possible from this venture for my comedy binder. we left the 'green room' shortly after we were done, as another show was happening shortly after ours. but I pack light so it didn't take long after our show was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment