Tuesday, August 23, 2016

informer, snow

I heard the song 'informer' by snow on my car radio when driving to the comedy club tonight. I found this song to be hard to follow since the lyrics are hard to comprehend. I did find them online, and watched the video on youtube as well. It sounds like he is saying 'dormez vous?' at one point, French for 'are you sleeping?' it is reggae, and by a Canadian. I did pick up the line about 'from jamaica' and the lyric search yielded the later line of actually being from Toronto. Wikipedia said it was based upon what actually happened to snow, being in jail, and the video does depict him in a jail cell at one point.
   I had plenty of new material ready for my performance. dad had sent me a jesse james postcard and brochure, from his Missouri travels. at one venue somebody said they had seen me dumping out a bottle and thought it was slapstick. others were about golfing, razors, rocky 5, next year's class reunion, and street performers. I've said it before, how as long as I live life and pay attention, I will have comedy material.
     this was my only day this week at the office. it took a while to finish my normal duties, the system was slow and the copier kept jamming. there was mini golf all over near my workspace, so it was noisy at times. I had some tortilla chips and cheese from one of them but did not golf at all. I did see the attorney when I was riding home tonight and spoke of upcoming plans, I liked hearing about her son's 'overactive imagination'. there was also mention of Thomas the tank engine, and I knew this was created by the 'puff puff parson' which led to me speaking of learning how 'parson' is a title-referring to being a preacher. I got confused when I saw 'parson weems' and 'mason weems' and found out it was the same man, who wrote the fable about George Washington chopping down the cherry tree. it was a grant wood painting as well. she made mention of neighborhoods in Bloomington, as apparently there are ones called 'oxboro' and 'oxborough'. I said I knew from british history class in college how the brits were often know by their titles, like 'duke of marlborough' and how it wasn't spelled the same as the cigarette due to the suffix not being used. or how the new England patriots, the NFL team, plays in Foxboro, MA, but sometimes the 'ugh' is on the end of the town name.

No comments:

Post a Comment