Monday, August 1, 2016

soul asylum concert

I went to the saints baseball stadium, CHS field, tonight. it was the first of two All-Star nights. there was a home run derby, and some musicians. soul asylum capped the night, a reminder of my college days in iowa city. I had bought their CD, 'grave dancers union', when it was new. and I bought another one, 'let your dim light shine', over the weekend. listening to both, as expected, really primed me well for this show. I recalled 5 songs from 'union' being played, 'somebody to shove', 'black gold', 'runaway train', 'april fool', and 'without a trace'. I recalled 2 songs from 'shine' being played, 'misery', and 'just like anyone'. I liked getting some pictures of the band during the show, fairly close up, since I have the zoom lens. their set was just over an hour long.
   I arrived after the first event of the night, a celebrity softball game, had started, but it didn't interest me much. the home run derby and soul asylum show interested me more. a saints player, Alonzo Harris, did reach the finals of the home run derby, but he was edged out by a player from the Lincoln, Nebr., team. I am thankful it finally worked out on seeing a concert at the saints stadium again. it was just the second saints concert, and the first since I saw bob Dylan and willie nelson in 2005. of course that one was at the previous one, midway stadium.
   it was a busy day at the office, so of course I looked forward to getting to the baseball stadium tonight. I had to cover for my colleague, on a day that of course is already high volume. and I had a meeting through the mentoring program in the afternoon. I got more cards distributed to office colleagues, about the fringe show I am in. I am now down to 15. looks like I can move up the night when I can go display more on bulletin boards, as the match dot-com event I signed up for was canceled. a bummer, but they did refund to paypal.


No comments:

Post a Comment