Friday, August 5, 2016

weirdo haven

I am wearing my 'artist pass' from the fringe festival and it says on one side 'theater is a haven for weirdos. glorious, glorious weirdos'. I am already taking advantage of having this pass, by attending two shows tonight, both at the 'round theater'. one was a satire about air travel, and the other about being biracial. I had seen shows done by these actors or directors before. I laughed more at the one about air travel, but I liked the honesty in the other one. I spent some time going over the schedule of plays that were of interest to me, and what my schedule allowed. looks like the first weekend will be a busy one for me. and I got some ideas for a few more shows to attend just by seeing the cards at the venue tonight. I did get reviews of both shows on the website already. I knew I needed to get on the road to the venue shortly after I was done eating at taco bell in the evening as they do not allow latecomers to be seated. I arrived about five minutes before showtime, after walking from my parking spot of course. somebody said they recognized me after the second show, as I was walking back to my car, but I didn't know them. I thought it was odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment