Saturday, August 20, 2016

star trek and katy perry

I went to a burlesque show tonight, and notable was seeing a male dancer perform in a star rek outfit while a katy perry song- 'e.t.'-was playing. he also had an inflatable green alien as a prop. I had to skip this show last month as I was out of town.
   I like attending these burlesque shows, it feeds my intellectual side as I know many of the things being parodied. it started off with a show producer dancing to 'bippity boppity boom', then looking like snow white, and then mary poppins- by then 'spoonful of sugar' was playing. she capped it with 'we are siamese' and a mashup- mickey mouse with 'mickey so fine'. I liked seeing bombshell labelle as usual, the Melissa joan hart look-alike. she danced to 'suicide blonde' by INXS. I really liked the harmonica solo in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment