Friday, August 12, 2016

russell clayton

I saw on facebook this week how my 8th grade history teacher, mr. Russell clayton, had died. it meant something to me as this was a strong influence in the area of history, and why I eventually made it my college major. I shared my story on the facebook posting, as well as a condolence with the funeral home, pence-reese in newton, iowa. well tonight I said I was going to make mention of mr. clayton in my comedy set during the fringe festival. I did so near the end, and spoke of seeing dueling pistols (replicas) in his class.
   this was the fourth performance in the fringe show, and I think it went better than the third. it felt like I got more laughs anyway. this was the main change to my comedy set. I picked up a few more souvenirs as well. one of them was inspired by what happened backstage during the show. I kicked a cup down the stairs, found it after the show, was informed it wasn't ours. it was a coffee cup, and there was some left so it spilled out at the bottom of the stairs. I got some paper towels to wipe it up, and kept the cardboard that encircled the cup. I also kept the beer coaster from having a drink after the show, I had a Schlitz beer. I had to park on the street, next to the super-America across the street from the venue. the techie scolded me for using the front entrance, but I parked out front as there was no parking in the back. I also picked up a postcard about software coding jobs that was in the bathroom, an odd place to leave them.
   this evening I went to eat at taco bell after falling asleep in my easy chair after starting to watch the baseball game on fox. it was the Yankees playing the rays, hadn't seen many games on TV this season. there was a ceremony at the start honoring alex rodriguez, who is being released by the team. there was some rumors that he still may want to sign with another team, as he is near the 700 home run mark. after the show I checked the score online and it said the Yankees won 6-3. after taco bell I went to a mcdonald's that had just re-opened this week, and got an ice cream cone. looks like they don't have redbox though.
  at work it was nice to get caught up on letters, but I had some help which made a difference. I got an ice cream sandwich from the Filipino man as he brought around the treat cart, a fundraiser for the backpack drive. looks like that will be wrapping up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment