Thursday, August 18, 2016

too many acronyms

my senior leader had a meeting during the first half of the day, and I will admit it was hard to keep my attention there as too many acronyms were used by the speaker, who happened to be his boss, who is in a different office. I have said this before but it seems like people still are using acronyms all the time. I have to look up some of them online to understand the meaning. and of course some have multiple meanings, like AMA can mean 'ask me anything' and 'against medical advice'.
   tonight I liked going to a comedy event at a micro-brewery in downtown st. paul, as part of the magnotronic podcast. I saw many people I knew there. I left with a bag of ruffles potato chips, as they would otherwise have been thrown away. another event, a picnic at a park, was canceled due to the weather, though I don't think it ever really rained at all. I saw a few raindrops when I was walking home after getting off the bus in the evening, but that was it.
   the two 'big banfg theory' episodes tonight were leonard and penny getting back together and trying to keep it secret, as the syndicated rerun. and Sheldon's grandma visiting and not liking amy in the prime time episode. I did watch some of a rerun of 'good times' instead of the 6pm news as well, as I still had it on that 'companion channel' from the day before.


No comments:

Post a Comment