Saturday, August 20, 2016

don't think twice movie

 I went to see the movie 'don't think twice' at the lagoon in Minneapolis tonight. I couldn't stay away from uptown Minneapolis for long after my role in fringe festival. I liked this movie, as a performer I found it to be realistic. many of the characters were relatable, and so were the themes covered in it. I may do stand-up comedy, and this one is about 'improv' comedy, but close enough. themes like the insecurity, jealousy and competitiveness was familiar. I had seen a previous mike birbiglia movie, 'sleepwalk with me', also realistic about performing comedy. And I liked how they covered the 'business of doing comedy', another story that needs to be told. it inspired me to look up a song listed in the closing credits, written by bob Dylan, that seems to suggest the movie title itself. I listened to 2 versions on youtube, and I liked the one by johnny cash more than bob Dylan's version, no surprise there.
   I tried to tour the Sinclair lewis home in sauk centre but I got started later than I wanted to, and another factor figured into it being a 'no-go'. I had lunch at the A and W in Albany, about 20 miles away, and my camera battery died on me there. didn't want to do the tour if I couldn't take pictures, so I will have to postpone until labor day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment