Monday, August 8, 2016

wait in the alley

when I arrived at Bryant lake bowl tonight for the second performance of the fringe show I am in I was told to wait in the alley as the previous show wasn't out yet. I had a hard time with hearing this, but I complied as I had no choice. the show runner feels this one went better than the first, and I concur. I did change my set a little, but it was mainly adding things instead of replacing. I did make a reference to Charles Lindbergh, and sam the eagle (from the muppets) in this one. after we took a bow the show runner encouraged people to write reviews. I may have stepped on jokes a little, but I knew to avoid the problem from the first performance- where my voice was slipping. so I got water from a big jug outside the venue and near the bowling area.
   I also liked how I had enough time to get to another show this evening, it was the Dillinger play at the university. this is the 7th show I have attended, due to the artist pass I have. as a history major I liked finding this play, even if I wasn't familiar with the story they were covering when he was in the twin cities in 1934 on good Friday. after the show I saw a Pizza luce box on the steps outside the building, some pizza was still inside but I didn't eat it. I found a trash bin for it.
   I saw the attorney while riding home this evening, she said she often takes her work home. sounded like a compromise in terms of not wanting to, as she said, 'give up her kids for adoption' or 'give up her marriage'. I haven't had to make these choices yet, but I already said my hat was off to her.


No comments:

Post a Comment