Sunday, July 21, 2019

baseball VHS tapes

it was a leisurely day and I decided to watch 2 baseball VHS tapes. it meant hooking up the TV that is compatible, as well as the VHS player itself. it was the first time in a while, as my VHS collection is now down to about 50. but I love baseball and wanted to watch these two again. one was about the centennial of the st. louis cardinals, produced in 1992. the other was the sporting news covering the sport in the 1980s. as I recall I got them during the same visit to a resale shop many years ago. it didn't take all that long to get it hooked up, although I am now used to a wide screen TV so it was an adjustment to see a smaller screen again. I watched the cardinal video first. I think this one was on my mind recently for multiple reasons. one of them was seeing the moe berg documentary a week earlier and one of the journalists in it looked familiar from the cardinal video. I was less familiar with the 1980s video but I did recall it having the ups and downs of pete rose in it. a call from the president when he set the national league record for hits, but by the end of the decade he was banned for betting on the game.
   I watched the videos after having lunch. then I took a walk around the neighborhood and found a penny. I laid down for a while after this and it was evening by then. I got up and went to an event to meet my state senator. I liked seeing all of the books there, some of them I had myself such as the one about the Brooklyn dodgers, called 'boys of summer'. another one was called 'earl of louisiana' he said it was about earl long. the painting on display he said was of his great-grandfather, and he told a story of him being a businessman that turned down a chance to have 3M invest in the company. after I got home after being at this event I finished the peanuts from the twins game the night before. it felt like it was too late in the evening to have a 'real' meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment