Thursday, July 4, 2019

lee iacocca

I had read the news how lee Iacocca had just died. I recall my dad having his auto-biography when I was young. I recall reading it, and some of the photos in it. such as the cartoons after he turned around Chrysler. people on the phone saying 'get me lee Iacocca!' and 'dear lee, please come back! all is forgiven'. or a joke about possibly running for president, 'but talk of bailing out the government may be a little premature'. I do recall some of the TV commercials he was in for the company, including the dodge viper sports car. and years later, he returned with rapper snoop dogg, who had a variation on his best known slogan. originally it was 'if you find a better car, buy it'. but snoop said 'if the car is more fly, you must buy'. I was not familiar with how he had guest starred on 'Miami vice'. but I was familiar with a documentary where jay leno said his parents liked that fella. or how I have been to buca di Beppo and lee was one of the famous Italians in the artwork near the front door. public radio said he was the first celebrity executive, so as a history major I understand his place in the history of the car industry. he was behind the ford mustang, and I have owned two mustangs.
   I stayed busy today. there was an interview in the early afternoon, but it was mostly a presentation about working in sales. I am more interested in doing customer service, and it remains to be seen as to if I will be contacted for that role. I felt bad about not having my phone on this morning, as an agency called me about a job and I only turned on my phone after the interview, while still in woodbury. I responded to the voicemail and text message, hopefully I will hear something on Friday. I bought a DVD while at the shopping center that has keys cafĂ© and their charlie brown statues. I did the same thing after test scoring season  ended last year.
   in the evening I went to the st. paul saints baseball game, as it was fireworks night for 4th of july a day early. the saints beat the Lincoln saltdogs 5-1. Lincoln scored first, but the saints got on the board in the 6th, aided by a double steal. they scored 4 times in that inning, and one more in the 7th. the karaoke guy sat next to me for a little while, and the fan said he knew him from running marathons. no big deal to move one seat over for him, for one thing when I arrived he was already there. after the game was food trucks, I counted 9. I think that down a few from memorial day. I got a mimosa cupcake for three dollars. during the fireworks show I said I would have liked hearing full songs. the first one was 'living in America' by james brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment