Wednesday, July 17, 2019

fringe online training

the module for the online training for the Minnesota fringe festival arrived early this evening. it was two different videos, 10 minutes and 3 minutes, and some questions to answer after it. so now I am qualified to be an usher, and I am signed up for four shifts in order to earn enough tickets for six shows. it mostly sounded familiar, not too many changes that I am aware of.
    another busy day on the job front, but that is what I prefer. there was a quick in-person interview this morning, then I went to a hiring event after that. during the drive time to the second event I got a voicemail from an agency, but still haven't heard back from as I was told they have been in meetings for most of the day. I just don't want to miss out on anything, and I know how jobs through an agency can get filled quick. I have two interviews scheduled for Thursday, one in person and the other by phone. then there is another phone interview on Friday. next week I am signed up for hiring events on Monday and Tuesday. all of this points toward how I should be getting an offer really soon, from somebody. I just hate the waiting game.
   I performed this evening, the second one after the MC. hard to hide it so I did talk a little about my job searching early on in my set. one of the transfers from st.cloud was the show closer. some of the crowd from the nearby soccer game showed up to our show, probably once the game ended. one of the performers said the president is in the WWE hall of fame, I looked it up on Wikipedia after the show and confirmed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment