Thursday, July 18, 2019

call during haircut

i decided to do a haircut at sportclips this morning before a job interview. I got there just minutes after they had opened for the day, and this gave me more time. I left my phone on and forgot that I had, and it rang during my time there. I was being called about a job through an agency, and it meant sending another copy of my resume so ensure they would have the most recent one. I had plenty to say at the interview, and the hiring manager used the word 'confidence' when I said 'I am the best candidate'. but I still have to wait to hear anything. there was a phone interview in the afternoon, and the caller said my name a lot. there already are interviews scheduled for Friday and for next week as well. all I can do is giving the consistent message that I am the right choice to be hired and somebody is likely to extend an offer for a decent job. but I still hate the waiting.
   in the evening I did karaoke, one song since it was more crowded than typical. it was 'snoopy vs. the red baron' by the royal guardsmen. as a big charlie brown fan it is a big deal that I waited a while to do this song. the bartender said I looked sad, I spoke of being unemployed. he said something about knowing somebody who started working at a mcdonald's and know runs 2 of them. it wasn't helpful, and I even said it means they have enough money to be a franchisee. I do not. I could have easily said something else such as being tired if I wanted to, not sure why I was so honest with somebody I barely know.

No comments:

Post a Comment