Wednesday, July 31, 2019

spray and pray

I went back to filing more applications on indeed, since I had more time for it today compared to Monday. the term I saw for it was 'spray and pray'. and I know it hasn't been too effective yet. surprised me a little to get a request for a phone interview right away, and I did it in the afternoon. actually it was called a 'phone screen'. and at times I was also on the phone a lot following up with some organizations. one of them was an agency I saw at a job fair last week, I had registered with them a while back. it led to me completing yet another form related to background checks, my 6th. one of them I heard from for the first time, after leaving my resume at the same job fair. I was on the other line when they called, and responded when able. I have an appointment for the next morning. I liked what they were saying about a position that is insurance related, but at one point what I was saying was misunderstood so I said 'I misspoke' even though I hadn't. I said I didn't want to be overly picky. Wednesday will be a busier day, as I registered for two job fairs in the afternoon.
   in the evening I went to perform, and I was the last one onstage. I saw the floutist but she did not perform. after the show ended she said her flute needed some parts. she can also play piano, but this can be hard to do at some mics unless it is already at the venue. since the floor space can be limited. there was a big crowd for a concert at a nearby venue, so I took a different route than typical when I was headed home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment