Monday, July 15, 2019

kid waving to me

i was out and about today, and during this time a kid was waving to me. I heard 'hi' from a nearby building when I was on my way to my car and once I noticed they likely meant me I waved back. it was a nice break from the grind of everyday life. kind of like when I was delivering pizza and seeing a little girl saying 'hi pizza man'. it can be nice to see the enthusiasm for life that kids have. still hard to say about progress, if any, on the job front. I called two agencies I had met with last week, and they don't seem to having anything. so it feels like they are like other agencies I have dealt with- sounds like an imminent job but they are just stockpiling applications. a third agency asked me to complete another signed form, hadn't heard from them in a while since submitting. and a direct hire position wants a writing sample, I will get to it eventually. I was asked to call a toll-free number to find out if I am eligible to return to a company I had worked for, and no surprise that I am eligible. but it was hard to get through the prompts to find somebody with a pulse who could help me.
    I went to see friends at a venue this evening, but wasn't picked to perform. since I had wet clothes on from the rain, I went home to change out of them before going out again to perform. I was moved up as one act wanted to tune a guitar before they did their second song. one performer said he missed my set due to this as he was outside. he performed twice, a comedy set and then some piano when another musician was performing.

No comments:

Post a Comment