Thursday, July 4, 2019

kickball rainout

I stayed busy despite it being a holiday. there was a softball game, followed by a kickball game. but the kickball game was rained out early on. it was time for the event coordinator to get home and set up for the BBQ by then anyway. I hadn't played kickball in a while, but it was nice to get some hits in the softball game as I didn't when I played little league. I also took my can of beer out to the field as it wasn't finished yet. when I arrived at the park I saw somebody at the basketball court first. so I talked to them before making it over to the softball sandlot, where there was only enough for a practice at the time, five people. Chalm-Skinn and the button and blake as well as Yemen native were those I knew well here. at the BBQ I had two burgers and two hot dogs. I hadn't eaten much for lunch, just enough where I knew I wouldn't collapse while in the field, so I was ready to eat by then. I helped get the dog and cat inside when it started to rain as the host requested this. he was taking care of the grill. Stillwater showed up later on. I was asked to get two pans of store-bought brownies to the table by the grill, and decided to have the first piece from one of the pans.
   before departing for the event I spent a lot of time online applying for jobs. I sent 7 applications to one company. looks like I had incomplete applications from nearly a year ago, unsure why. but hopefully somebody will call me soon for an interview. I hate having to apply to each company separately online instead of through indeed as there are plenty of user names and passwords to remember, I have to write down clues for them. in the evening I went to do some karaoke, although it was a light crowd at first likely due to the holiday. I did 'living in America' by james brown, and 'as I lay me down' by sophie b Hawkins. the former I had just heard at the saints game. with all of the fireworks going off around town I knew well enough to keep my windows rolled up on the car ride home. on this night I am used to how it is no problem seeing fireworks while driving around, they are everywhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment