Friday, July 19, 2019

rocketman movie

tonight I saw the movie 'rocketman', the bio-pic about musician Elton john. I checked the paper and figured it was time to see it, as the release was diminished since it has been out for over a month. it felt a little long, but I knew the running time would be about 2 hours. I found it to be relatable when his family was depicted, as those relationships were uneasy. but I liked how not too much time was spent on it. performers know well enough to pour it all into their performances. I did not know any of the actors in it, but I knew it was about a british man and the film was produced there. I had heard of dexter fletcher though, who directed it, as he was also involved with 'bohemian rhapsody' a year earlier. I had seen Elton perform in concert, when he was touring with billy joel, in 2001. I was living in suburban Chicago then, and saw the last of 3 sold-out shows.
   this movie inspired by choice of what to sing at the karaoke bar, I chose 'I'm still standing', which is near the end of the movie. another performer spotted me there, I had just seen her perform at an open-mic this week. she asked me to read her set on her phone. she also sang, choosing 'video games' by lana del rey.
    still a busy day on the job front, there was 2 phone interviews and one in-person interview in the middle. the first one didn't last long, after finding out the pay was too low. the middle one was actually two interviews during the same session. I had applied to 3 positions with that company. with the third it sounds like that my applying to it was a mistake. I also heard from an old friend, surprised to hear from them so quickly as I called their office and told they was out. he happened to be on vacation in Colorado and found some time to call, so that was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment