Wednesday, July 31, 2019

leave it at the door

I went to a job fair in Stillwater and when I arrived I said I had been through a lot in my job searching. there was somebody near the entrance if anyone needed help, when she heard my story she advised me to leave it at the door. I think this sentiment helped on some level, but another thing that did was how it was a new job fair for me. the other ones- in Shakopee, Burnsville, and west st. paul- were often the same companies each time. but not this one. I went there in the afternoon, my second appointment of the day. one of them that sounds promising is the census bureau. I tried to apply tonight but they wanted my selective service registration number, and I couldn't find it. I tried to call the number I was given, eventually I got a recording saying they were closed for the day. they told me it would give me a leg up on more long-term positions with the federal government. so I didn't like having hit a snag but I would like to think I can get past it.
    the appointment this morning was brief, and it leads to more waiting as to of the client is interested in bringing me in for an in-person interview. after it I went to the library and printed some things, including some of the instructions for property tax refunds. then it was time for lunch, so went home and had some spaghetti. then it was time to leave for the second appointment, but I had to stop at another library first in order to print more resume copies, then it was on to Stillwater. the third was also a job fair, but just one company. I had been to their job fair before, but it had been a while. I met with the same HR rep as before. I said it was a younger woman with a rare name, and another employee gave me the name and I said it sounded familiar.
    I performed in the evening, there was a different show runner than typical. I spoke with the bob marley look-alike after the show. I went to get another picture of a charlie brown statue at a nearby bar. I liked hearing 'rainbow' by Kacey Musgraves from the speakers so I stayed outside the bar until the song was done, then went back to my car. 

No comments:

Post a Comment