Thursday, July 11, 2019

dairy queen business card

I attended two job fairs today, did a phone interview, and an in-person interview. at the second job fair I saw dairy queen business cards, at first they almost looked like gift cards. it was hard to tell what jobs they had in my field, but it appears it is mainly at the shops/stores and not much at a corporate office. I think the rep was actually for a franchisee, claiming they were in charge of hundreds of stores. at the first job fair it was my first visit in a while, and one company rep said she had asked about me. of course I didn't like having to attend job fairs again, but I would like to think I was given enough helpful advice, especially about interviews, during that time there. I did the phone interview before the first job fair, and the in-person interview was between the two fairs. I showed up late to the interview as I was unaware of the construction in the area and got crossed up. I called them saying I needed help to get there the rest of the way, I was less than a mile away in a visitor parking lot near a railroad track. the open house was a no-go, found out it was just for call center roles. I spoke of how I don't miss things like the 'daily lawsuit threat' from taking calls.
   in the evening I saw some documents to sign from an agency. I completed them and will follow up in the morning as to if there is an offer on the table. I sure hope so, but not necessarily. one agency asked me to complete their on-boarding documents months ago and still hasn't placed me yet. I also went to do karaoke, and did two songs. 'rocking me' by steve miller band, and 'cannonball' by the breeders. I saw a dude I recall from last month, then we talked about basketball as the NBA finals was on. we still talked about sports, I like how this can bridge the gap. but also about music, and he did sing some lionel Richie.

No comments:

Post a Comment