Tuesday, July 16, 2019

we're not barbarians

I went to an interview this afternoon where the interviewer said 'we're not barbarians' in reference to the holiday schedule, how they do honor the major holidays. it wasn't the first contact with the company, but it was the first job interview. I was informed that they will confer with the other hiring manager and I will hopefully hear something as it has been a week since I was told that my references will be checked. so I am still stuck waiting and hoping to hear something, and still racking up the rejections from earlier interviews. but I also have two more interviews lined up for Wednesday. although one of them was odd, as the call arrived when I was showering, getting ready for an interview, but it was just listed as a 'missed call' and no voicemail was left. so I called them back and I eventually got an email response through indeed. I filed more applications through indeed and through a bank, but I still hate the word 'application' as most of them lead nowhere. it was once again depressing to see the stats in an email saying 2 jobs I applied to from two weeks ago and both of them had at least 50 applicants.
   I performed this evening, and on the way there I saw two cop cars with their lights on speeding to the scene of a car wreck. one of the cars was overturned. I was on near the end, and we were saying farewell to a performer that has done some photography who will be trying his luck in new York city. there was a card to sign. I had some pineapple juice in a glass bottle as there was no Gatorade this time. sometimes it is a simple thing of 'going with what is available'.

No comments:

Post a Comment