Thursday, July 25, 2019

too animated?

I went to another job fair, this one in the early afternoon. there was two in different towns today, but of course I had to wait for my car to be out of the shop so I didn't go to the first one. I might have been too animated with one agency at the job fair. it was about how I hadn't heard from them in a while about jobs, and what this rep was telling me ran counter to what I was told about the jobs available with them. I had been told not to apply online, but to call them. it is hard for me at times to hide how disgusted  and frustrated I get with the process when it doesn't make sense. so I actually danced around a little about it. I was given a business card but when the conversation devolved I wanted to give it back, but couldn't find it in my organizer at first. but eventually I found a table where I could more easily look for it, then I went to give it back. when I have a feeling that it is not going to happen, no need to keep the card. it was also why I didn't sign in on a sheet with the agency, or give my name when we shook hands. when he said 'and you are', I said 'not amused'.
   I had hoped to finish my time at the job fair early enough where I could drive home and have a phone interview there. but when I got out of the fair I noticed it was just under 10 minutes prior, not enough time. so I looked at my information a little inside, then went to have the call in my car. I said I had seen their company represented at the job fair, but the reps there only knew about security positions and that is not what I was interviewing for. I would like to think it went well, but it is still the waiting game in terms of hearing more next week about a possible in-person interview. late in the afternoon I went to the library to print things, and was called by an agency while there so I found a more appropriate place for the call than at one of the computers. I think it was an offer, but I said I want to confirm first that I am eligible to return to this company. I was sent on an assignment last year, through a different agency, and was cut after a little over a month. so I will wait to hear more from them, after they speak with the boss I had. I have an appointment with yet another agency on Friday morning.
    just before the phone interview, I was at a table next to a defendant who was talking to her attorney. I am aware that this building has various government services, including courtrooms. something about her wanting a continuance, and also wanting to represent herself. but that sounds like an even worse idea than having a public defender! she spoke of being homeless, and uninsured, but I was not sure as to what crime she was charged with. some mention of the sentence would go from one month to one year, an 'aggravated misdemeanor'. so of course it doesn't sound good at all. naturally it sounded like the conversation wasn't going well, for various reasons. I liked how I could silently observe what was happening and nobody asked me to move.
   oh, and there was two more calls placed about the event ticket that was ordered for me. after a while I was informed by my friend's assistant that the will-call number would be supplied to me to confirm everything is in order. it is sad that I continued to hear different things each time I called. but I would like to think it will end, in a positive fashion, real soon.
   I also sang some karaoke. it was 'land of confusion' by genesis. it was nice to see the harmonica guy as well, he did 'crippled inside'.

No comments:

Post a Comment