Monday, July 22, 2019

pro wrestling stepladder

i went to a pop-up comedy show tonight, it was in the same place as a mic I once frequented. before the show started, and near the bar, was pro wrestling on TV. I kept seeing both wrestlers try to climb on a stepladder, only to see the other one pull them down. not sure how it ended, as it was changed to another channel after a while. opera singer was the show runner. I liked seeing turtle check as well, first time in a while. he shared some stories about being a restaurant server and bartender. it was a good crowd, got plenty of laughs. after the show I went to a nearby Walgreen and got some pringles as well as reese's peanut butter. then it was on to the next venue, the typical one for this day of the week. I referenced an indigo girls song at the start of the set at the second show. a man was in the back asking about the show, I said to find the show runner if he wanted stage time but he said he just wanted to watch the show.
    much like before, still hard to say what progress, if any, was made on the job front. I went to a hiring event but it was a place I had already worked at, and they were only hiring for the role I had already done. so I wasn't there for long, I got some business cards, a donut, and I left. in the afternoon I had a phone interview, for something I had applied to on indeed more than two weeks ago. the request for the phone interview arrived as I was heading out for the hiring event, but I told them the afternoon was wide open. I have another phone interview for Tuesday morning, as well as another hiring event to attend. later on in the week are more job fairs to attend. I also filed some more applications on indeed, and it led to being asked to do more assessments. some of them were not emailed to me until after I left to go performing, so it was late at night by the time I did them. one was related to customer service, various scenarios involved. another was about missing shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment