Saturday, July 6, 2019

echo in the canyon movie

this afternoon I saw the movie 'echo in the canyon' at the Edina theater. Jakob Dylan, bob's son, was the main character in it. but I wouldn't call him the 'interviewer' as I didn't see him asking any questions. he was just there when each musician shared their story. I liked how it was more than just the ones from the 1960s, and it had to be since younger musicians were performing their songs at a show in the los angeles area. a little surprising how his famous dad is not shown in it and mentioned only once, but I think he was mostly based in new York city. while there I saw a poster for a re-issue of a movie called 'paris is burning'. I recall hearing about that one while at college in iowa city. there was a dust-up about it because it was shown before anyone gave disclaimers.
   I went to an ice cream social at keys cafĂ© in woodbury before going to the movie. after the movie I went to the grocery store, and eventually watched some of the baseball 'game of the week', cubs vs. the white sox. but eventually I had to get on the road again, to a potluck comedy show. I was on near the end and brought a vegetable tray.

No comments:

Post a Comment