Tuesday, July 23, 2019

outdoor hiring party

early in the evening I went to a job fair that was called a 'hiring party' at a car dealer. there was food and I arrived near the end of the 4-hour event. I had a burger as there was no buns left, at least as far as I could see, for the hot dogs. I went to the first dealer I saw, but noticed a different house number. so I was advised that it was two blocks down the road, I kept my car parked and made a brisk walk down to it. I did meet with a recruiter, before I had finished my food. I liked how I still met with someone even after I applied and was turned down by email this week. I was told there was nothing in my field at this time but there may be openings later on. it would be at the home office and not at one of the dealerships.
   this wasn't the only thing I did on the job front. in the morning I had a phone interview. I called some agencies I hadn't heard from in a while and it sounded promising with one of them. but when I called late in the afternoon I was told I was essentially 'blacklisted' from a company I had already worked for. I was told I was lied to when the assignment ended, even though I did nothing wrong while working there. it makes no sense to me. there were a few other calls throughout the day, one of them arrived while at the library so I paused the computer while I walked to a better place to take the call. then there was another call as I was in my car about to leave the library. so I shut off the engine and took the call from my car. it is hard to say what will become of all of it, but the former led to scheduling a phone interview for Thursday afternoon. I signed up for a job fair for Wednesday morning as well. and I completed some online assessments, one of the three was checking addresses to see if they match. but I am not sure what company sent them. but it looks like I had done some of these with this same testing company in January, as I checked the history when I logged in.
   I performed in the evening, after getting back from the hiring event. it was a light crowd and I went on shortly after arriving, was told it hadn't started yet. usually it has started by the time of my arrival. there was a kid with some candy on a stick next to the DJ, or sound guy, during my set.

No comments:

Post a Comment