Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Baseball Playoffs

I stayed in tonight and watched much of the baseball playoff game on TV, Phillies-Giants. Don't think I was rooting for anyone, just wanted to see a good game. I did fall asleep in the middle of it for about an hour, and eventually went to the grocery store to get a snack. It was a little ice cream and some pumpkin muffins.
   I knew I was tired as I nearly fell asleep on the bus after work, and the screeching tires from a nearby car woke me up. Somebody laughed when I said 'that will wake you up'.
   It was the first day of the United Way campaign at work, I got my pledge in early as there is a drawing for some airline tickets. It was a smaller pledge than previous years, but I am sure there are some who don't donate anything at all.
  I had read an online article about how actor Tom Bosley had died, best known as the patriarch on 'Happy Days'. He once said in an interview he expected his tombstone to read 'here lies Howard Cunningham, he used to be Tom Bosley'. Though he did have roles after this show, like on 'Murder She Wrote' and 'Father Dowling Mysteries'. He was the sheriff in the former and a priest in the latter. Don't think I watched 'Dowling' much but recall he wore a Chicago Cubs jacket in it and solved mysteries with a nun named Steve. I also recall a black and white movie I saw in high school where he played George W. Norris, a Nebraska senator willing to filibuster to prevent a lame-duck Congress from voting on American entry into World War I.

No comments:

Post a Comment