Monday, October 11, 2010

Sad Hometown News

Since I am on Facebook I am more easily informed about what is happening in my hometown of Newton, Iowa. The bad news from there just keeps happening, most recently there was a murder this weekend. I know the town has had them before- including a police officer (in the line of duty) back in 1985 but some are saying the town is getting worse since Maytag left. One commenter on the article said people should get their children out- immediately. It's just hard to know how to respond to such tough news.
  In other issues, I noticed one of the letters in support of a family friend's candidacy has been published. Will have to see if the other will be as well.
   I decided to drop somebody as a Facebook friend, but I did not tell them as it would be pointless. This is somebody who seems to be attacking me constantly, either in person or online. I don't even know what I did to get on their bad side, but based on my past experiences I probably did nothing at all. Some people are that way with many others, but I only care how they treat me. And I don't care what their reasons, or excuses are, as decency is the way to conduct oneself in life.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment