Friday, October 1, 2010

Light Rain

There was some light rain at tonight's football game that I attended. It was during the 3rd quarter, and I decided to go under the bleachers for a while. It had let up by the end of the quarter, so I came out. But the outcome of the game had largely been decided already. The home team lost 34-10 to an 'academy', and was trailing 13-3 at halftime. It seemed appropriate that I chose blue Gatorade as a drink, it reflected my mood. More about that later.
   I did hear from a classmate on Facebook, it did answer some of my questions about the class pictures I had found recently. It looks like we were in the same class in 2nd grade, she confirmed our teacher's name. She has a fairly common first name, and first names only are on this class picture, so I wasn't sure if it was her. It was somebody I had largely forgotten about after switching schools, but thanks to Facebook we are in contact again.
    I did my best to stay busy at work, and in the afternoon my boss said her husband didn't date much for a while like I did. But it still seems to be an unfair comparison, as I said I had grown up in a 'cauldron of verbal abuse' and I seriously doubt that he did. I just hated talking about my dismal social life, explaining why I said I felt blue like the Gatorade when I started thinking about it. I couldn't stop laughing after a colleague said a word that was funny to me, but since it is considered a vulgar phrase by many I am a little ashamed to admit what led to hysterical laughing for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment